Random Observation/Comment #387: I don’t know what it is about curry, but it’s something next to mashed potatoes that I’ll always want to eat. Oh man, I should make curry mashed potatoes.
Recipe: Something with curry – Curried cauliflower
I erred on the side of caution with this recipe because I didn’t want to make anything too over-powering. Because we had a larger portions and I had no milk, we did two cans of cream of chicken, a little bit of mayo, the cocoya paste, a generous helping of curry powder, and some brussel sprouts (because, why not?). After steaming to the right texture, I threw everything into a pan and baked it for 30 minutes. Really simple and easy recipe.
- The cream of chicken soup really adds that extra smoothness to it and works really well with the curry taste
- I think my mixture was way too thick, so next time I’ll be sure to buy some milk instead of using the coconut substitute.
- At the last part of the recipe, it recommended adding some crushed wheat thins. I don’t know how, but these got soggy and didn’t really add to the taste. I thought they’d be like the crunchies you add to the mac and cheese to make it more awesome, but I was disappointed. Maybe it’s because I didn’t use a casserole dish.
- Use a casserole dish. It will probably help cook everything faster.
- Brussel sprouts were a nice little add. I’ll be sure to incorporate it again next time.
This is an easy go-to recipe for large groups. I wouldn’t want to eat this by itself or even pairing with one other thing, but when you’re having a buffet, I think a bit of curried persuasion doesn’t hurt the cause.
~See Lemons Eat Curried Cauliflower