Random Observation/Comment #527: Questions get us into trouble sometimes, but it’s always the good kind of trouble.
Let’s poll the audience. Get the Creativity of the masses. Harness the power of the people. Make others think a little bit on a day-to-day basis.
Over the past 30 weekdays, I’ve proposed a question of the day #Qotd. It was a social experiment, and also a way to connect and learn more about friends. What did I learn? I know some pretty awesome people who really love life and have great advice to share.
- What lesson took you the longest to learn? – “… I need to love myself first before expecting someone else to.” ~Stephanie
- What habit have you broken and how did you break it? – “Gave up alcohol 11 years ago and smoking 15 years ago. Cold turkey. Demonized them both in my head and never looked back.” ~Sean
- What is your guilty pleasure? – “Bubble baths” ~Norbert
- Who do you look up to? – “People representing those who need it” ~Me
- What freaks you out about society? – “That we allow the student debt business to actually exist” ~Ra
- What can’t you live without? – “Toilet paper” ~Craig
- How do you eat healthy? –
- “1. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Avoid the center where items are “packaged” and consist mostly of additives
- 2. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, or don’t recognize an ingredient, put it down
- 3. Fresh = Clean” ~Felice
- What was the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you? – “Told me I was inspirational (she saw me speak about something) that did a lot for my growth” ~Stevie
- What would you give a TED talk about? – “Diversity issues in STEM fields” ~Kayla
- What good deed did you do recently? – “Helped a blind woman take the right bus and getting on it” ~Cecy
- Where do you want to travel to but never live? – “Moon” ~Abe
- Where do you want to get up and go live right now? – “Ojai” ~Jodi
- If you don’t need to think about money, what’s your dream job? – “I’m doing it!” ~Shannon
- What do you normally bring to/cook for a cultural potluck? – “Durian or fermented tofu” ~Jessika
- If you were to be interviewed on TV, what title would you want under your name? – “Force of Nature” ~B.A.
- What are you doing with your free day? – “Being delicious” ~Coop
- What’s one thing you can donate from your wardrobe? – “Pink/plaid Paul Smith suit” ~Chris
- What question do you wish people asked you? – “What are we celebrating?” ~Paul
- In your day-to-day life, what’s one thing keeping you from focusing? – “wedding planning and facebook questions” ~Vinessa
- Where do you see yourself in 3 months? – “In an exciting new relationship while gearing up for my final semester as an undergrad” ~Nadya
- How do you deal with stress? – “Steam bath” ~Dad
- What’s your favorite music lyric? – “Life is about love, last minutes, and lost evenings, about fire in our bellies and our furtive little feelings” -Frank Turner” ~Allison
- What book should I read next? – “Let the Great World Spin (Colum McCall…McCann…? Brain block), or any of the essays in Consider the Lobster (David Foster Wallace).” ~Wendy
- If you had the ability to make a message go viral, what would it be? – “Give back every month. Donate not only money, but time. It’s the single most important thing In the world.” ~Lara
- If you retired today (got social security, a nest egg, and a pension), what would your day look like? – “Motorcycle tour of South East Asia, shamanic sessions in the Amazonia, writing, Zazen, tai chi, coaching people in need, learning till I can’t hold a book anymore, love my wife, cook for my friends and beloved ones, repeat…” ~Eric
- If you get clemens’d, it means you traveled somewhere without knowing the destination. What does your <name>’d mean? – “GLITTER BOMB” ~Lara
- What subject did you wish you studied in college? – “Oil painting” ~Gary
- What invention are you looking forward to using in the future (or even present)? – “Smart contact lenses” ~Felipe
- Which mythical creature do you wish exists and why? – “Chivalrous gentlemen” ~Pheon
- If you had an extra room in your house, what would you fill it with or design as an activity there? – “Airsoft/Paintball/live fire arena” ~Angus
Also, Lara answered the most questions, so she wins something. Yay Glitter bomb!
~See Lemons Poll the Audience