Random Observation/Comment #534: The future just sneaks up on you. One day you’re turning on lights with your hand, then clapping, and now you’re saying ‘Amazon, turn on the Lights’
I’ve had the Amazon Echo for about 6 months and I think I’ve started using it so much that I take it for granted. Among many other things, I use Amazon for my light switch (connected to Philip Hues bulbs and light strips), weather forecaster, timer/alarm (for the kitchen and so I can tell my wife she’s running late), and main speaker for listening to Pandora stations.
What more do I want? The 2 easily programmable things I wish I had are:
- Changing the name from ‘Amazon’ to ‘Jarvis’ or ‘Computer’
- An easy interface to create subroutines that execute multiple commands together
- ‘Amazon execute routine sexy-time’ should turn down the lights, play music, and order seamless
- ‘Amazon execute routine morning’ should say the weather, set an alarm for 7AM, and speak through news headlines
I’m sure this is in the very near future, but the fun stuff you can do now (outside of the classic “tell me a joke”) are:
- Who’s on first?
- Random number between “x” and “y”.
- Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock // Define rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
- Random fact
- Why do birds suddenly appear?
- What’s the price of Bitcoin?
- Say hello to my little friend!
- Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
- All your base are belong to us.
- Is the cake a lie?
- Do you know the muffin man?
- To be or not to be.
- Beam me up.
- May the force be with you.
- Live long and prosper.
- Set phasers to kill.
- These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
- Party time!
- My name is Inigo Montoya.
- What is the sound of one hand clapping?
- Define supercalifragilisticexpialodocious.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Make me a sandwich.
- Do you know Siri?
- Volume 11
- What is love?
- What is the loneliest number?
- What does the fox say?
- Do you want to build a snowman?
- I’m home.
I chose my favorite 30, but the full list is on reddit.
~See Lemons Echo