Random Observation/Comment #606: Meshians are pretty damn cool.
Why this list?
Jam packed information workshops, 100 new faces-names-roles-locations mappings, and sleep deprivation leads to a rollercoaster week of immersion. When we have time to distill the overwhelming amount of collaboration and mesh love, maybe we’ll remember a great week and come to similar conclusions.
- Mesh culture’s DNA is based on trust, passion, positive attitude, alignment of purpose, and agility. Default to kindness. My full List of 30 here: http://seelemonslive.com/2018/09/20/30-signs-of-self-organizing-culture/
- We self-organize and practice leadership by influence
- We care about diversity, inclusion, and non-violent communication
- We’re all mesh citizens with citizen responsibilities and moral goodness
- We’re all incredibly bright and bring something different from our experiences to the table
- We also don’t always agree or may have some skepticism/challenging, but we express it with constructive discussions and proposals for how to make it better
- We’re all coaches for each other
- Build deep relationships and be a part of the community
- Ask value clarifying questions and be empathetic to your peers
- Coaches are not acting mentors, sponsors, or therapists. They listen and ask questions to help you find your own answer through self reflection.
- Recognize people’s strengths rather than weaknesses or errors. Grow your strength vocabulary.
- Apply coaching by numbers – Ask yourself and the team 10 out of 10 goals, current state baseline, and micro resolutions for immediate improvement towards +1
- Form ventures and innovate globally
- Our secret sauce is the people as much as the software (but the software is mostly open source)
- We usually don’t want to take deals that aren’t challenging
- We’re not just replacing legacy with a blockchain for novelty. Consider the bigger picture economics and reinvented impact and digital transformation across industries.
- We’re not singularly focused on short term ROI.
- Every project should have some human impact
- Our credentials and brand make us a trusted partner for building a new ecosystem and impact a digital transformation strategy
- If you have an idea, you can find someone else with the same passion and run with it
- Strategy is defined by project success
- Treat new initiatives with the same lean approach as a start up with limited resources.
- Have at least one contact/friend per region, multiple people per skill set, and one person per spoke
- Bootstrap your team with the lessons learned from previous projects and Devops, toolbox, reusable content, design patterns to scale quickly
- Collaborate cross region, cross industry, and cross roles. Cross mesh.
- Ethereum 2.0 layer 1 will be pretty huge, but scaling solutions already exist
- Don’t do things from scratch by yourself. Ask within the mesh for help because it’s likely someone is doing something similar.
- Hit the ground running with the “T” model breadth of mesh culture and blockchain impact potential with a depth to your expertise from your experiences
- Token Economics is really cool
- Follow up not for political allies, but for friends
~See Lemons Slainte