Random Observation/Comment #656: Homeschooling must be exhausting.
Why this List?
Unprecedented times. We hope everyone is safe and healthy. Personally, we’ve been reshuffling our priorities and activities because the world is now a little different now. Hunkering down. Trying to stay positive.
- Stay at home. Practice social distancing.
- Don’t spread/support misinformation or mass panic – see 30 Ways to Evaluate News
- Stay informed, but try not to go too far into predicting a bleak future.
- Be kind to each other.
Family Health / Hygiene
- Don’t get sick.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean your phone.
- Moisturize your hands.
- Make sure we have enough supplies and food. Don’t hoard.
- Tip: Buy fresh foods, cook them, and freeze them if canned foods aren’t available.
- Enjoy family time.
- Keep Evie entertained and learning.
- Make sure to get enough sleep.
- Give each other personal space and free time.
- Cook to de-stress. Freeze your meals.
- Stay distracted with some video games (I wish I got an Oculus so I could play Half Life Alyx).
- Write or draw in a personal journal.
- Keep challenging yourself.
- Do a workout challenge (push-ups or yoga).
- Read a book (Currently on “Masters of Doom” and “The Faceless Old Woman who secretly lives in your home”).
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Try not to drink every night (although this one is pretty tough right now – see the 30 Days of Being Sober Curious).
- Check on your web of peeps with messages on any platform – Ask to see if they’re okay and tell them how you’re doing.
- Try a virtual happy hour or yoga session.
- Try a virtual play date with other kids.
- Try a Youtube or Twitch live stream.
- Communicate/Over-communicate with your team – We are all in the same boat and will be understanding.
- Communicate with your partner on childcare duties – Consider 30 Joint WFH Tips
- Contact your work mentors and old colleagues
- Learn something new for your future career
- Remake your budget – Consider your 30 Recurring Bills and cut out non essentials
- Calculate your rainy day fund runway and consider your living situation
- Consider buying some long term stock winners in a few weeks (Bottom could be linked to right before peak of unemployment or right before peak of coronavirus cases/deaths). Bigger companies like Amazon are not going away. Games, VR, and Remote working companies may still exist. Not good for travel, tourism, theme parks, restaurants, retail, and real estate.
- Consider a cryptocurrency exposure – See 30 Ways to Get Cryptocurrency Exposure
~See Lemons Stay at Home