Random Observation/Comment #711: I’m so bad at telling jokes. What was that one with the polar bear on a iceberg? Damn.
Why this List?
When forming a community or closer bond with strangers, I’ve always kept a list of random questions in my back pocket to ask. If you want more people to contribute, you can consider asking these questions in a random slack channel. Everyone needs a bit of a writing prompt to get engaged and revisit the community. We tried this within our own company as a curated list of questions while we were stuck in lock-down. This is when we thought it would last a few months rather than a year.
I have a separate list of 30 Ways to Grow a Virtual Community. I have a separate post about how to make friends as an adult and maybe some of these questions would come up. Also, I personally wouldn’t answer all or any of these questions truthfully in case the answers compromise some of your passwords or security settings. It’s just a fun activity.
- What song is in your power playlist?
- What’s your product nightmare?
- Favorite snack for the meeting?
- What’s your go-to healthy meal? Guilty pleasure?
- What book/podcast do you recommend?
- What is the best experience, development, or lesson as a result of/from lockdown?
- Fantasy lunch edition – Name one dead and one alive person with whom you’d like to have lunch with. Give a short reason why.
- If someone were to come into your home and steal from whatever was sitting on top of your fridge, what would that be?
- If you could pick one place where you can work remotely, where would that be? Factor in weather, activities, finance, etc
- Recommend a product or purchase you’ve enjoyed. Links appreciated.
- If you’re a parent, what item do you recommend other parents get for their kids?
- What skill have you learned from lockdown?
- Post a picture of your bicycle (scooter, tricycle, unicycle).
- Favorite game show?
- The Great pizza debate: Is it acceptable to put pineapples on pizza? Yes or no?
- Favorite sports team?
- What’s the best thing you purchased under $100?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s your favorite meme? Links.
- Favorite condiment?
- What is your favorite website? If you indicate reddit, pick a subreddit. Can’t say Google.
- What’s the oddest thing you have thought of cooking during lockdown?
- Favorite video game?
- It’s a wild time to be alive. Is it a simulation? Start your answer with yes or no. Include links to support your position
- What book have you re-read?
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- What take away restaurant did you order from most during lockdown?
- What is your spirit animal?
- Favorite cereal?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? – The clear answer is Jedi Powers, right?
~See Lemons Break the Ice