Random Observation/Comment #743: Even if the years pass quickly, I’ll have a blog of random thoughts.
Why this List?
When going through my end of year clean up, I archive old Keep notes that come from random inspirations. Here’s some of my favorite out of context random notes from 2021.
- What we do is much more than what we have
- Do and wisdom will come
- Happiness is in the pursuit and not the possession
- Maximize your good deeds
- Networking can get you into doors that degrees cannot
- A place for everything and everything for its place
- Don’t change your habit, change your habitat
- I have everything I want except for relevance, self awareness, and meaning
- When the facts change, I change my opinion
- The best way to change the world is to change yourself
- It’s easier to change yourself than the world
- Kill 2 birds with one stone –> Feed 2 birds with one scone
- Use power of influence and not influence of power
- Success is in the last 10%
- What do you call a magician that lost his magic? Ian
- I went to church occasionally, but not religiously
- The key to your success is your rejection
- If you don’t have a cup, you can’t fill it with water. Be a cup with questions and fill it with information.
- Bacon and eggs – the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed
- Bulls take the stairs up and bears take the elevator down
- The thing about freedom is not just to say what you want, but to choose not to listen
- Get comfortable with being rigorously unproductive once in a while
- They need to understand that we’re human so they can understand that they’re human
- Something beats nothing by an infinite amount
- How long is a good idea?
- Throat clearing should just be one or two sentences
- Good design is as little design as possible
- Self improvement is an endless process and not an overnight sensation
- If you want to be a good friend, ask people for help.
- The semantics of success were hers and no one else’s
~See Lemons Randomly Insightful