Random Observation/Comment #804: I bet ChatGPT can’t write random insights from my lived experiences.
Why this List?
I’ve been accumulating fun and random out-of-context quotes in my life. For some reason, this year has been extra full of notes, so I was able to get to 30 much faster than usual. Maybe I’m just paying attention more. Maybe I’m just slowing down time. Maybe I just wrote down a lot of dad jokes.
- The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent
- You don’t need to be exceptional, you need to be disciplined
- I’m scared of heights. That’s why I stay away from tall buildings and libraries. Why libraries? Because they have the most stories.
- You’re either really fat, kinda fat, or trying not to get fat. Accept yourself.
- Wander… Everywhere and always
- Why did technology get better, but then we went back to Telegram
- A tiger does not lose sleep over the dreams of sheep
- I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure
- The best revenge is to live a much better life
- Leave your kids enough money to do anything, but not enough money to do nothing
- What starts with “W” and ends with “t”
- “My enthusiasm of that result would be limited”
- If you don’t stand for anything, you’ll fall for anything
- Instead of a humble brag, now we have a subtle flex
- Give a man a lobster, he eats for a day. Teach a man to lobster, he eats all alone due to his weird lobster behavior.
- I don’t always tell Dad jokes, but when I do, he laughs
- I’m gonna work to live and not live to work
- Dog people want their dogs to be humans. Cat people want to be cats.
- The goal is to die young as old as possible
- Don’t romanticize entrepreneurs
- “Frugality, quite simply, is about choosing the things you love enough to spend extravagantly on—and then cutting costs mercilessly on the things you don’t love.”
- “If you only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier than other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.”
- Surround the people you want to become more like
- Happiness is recognizing that most of the success and failures are not your fault
- You’re so poor. All you have is money.
- Standardize before you optimize
- Having a bad day? Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- Want your new north star? Then answer: what regret do you fear most?
- I am now yesterday’s future Clemens
- (Jewish saying for remembering books): We will return to you, And you will return to us. Our mind is on you, And your mind is on us. We will not forget you, And you will not forget us. Not in this world and not in the world to come.
~See Lemons More Randomly Insightful