Random Observation/Comment #805: I love food shopping therapy because I get to also practice cooking and eating therapy afterwards.
MidJourney Prompt: shopping spree for food with shopping cart –ar 16:9 –v 5.1
Why this List?
The YouTube recommendation algorithm has deemed it so. I started watching FlavCity with Bobby Parrish because I wanted to see what I should buy at Costco. This is the way of the house husband. After literally watching 5 hours of his content, I think I get the gist of the pattern:
- Look for non GMO certifications
- Avoid any “natural flavor”, gums, and emulsifiers in the ingredients
- Also avoid sunflower and soy oils
- Don’t buy with cellulose – especially for cheese
- Always pick wild caught instead of farm raised for seafood
Through the videos, I kept track of the things I should probably look at buying in bulk.
Note: There are non “bobby approved” items here, but I wanted to share my personal Go-To buys.
- Siete Family Foods almond flour tortillas – grain free, gluten free, and freezable. I’ve been doing my Sunday prep of burritos for the week.
- Banza pasta made with chickpeas for protein – Solid low carb option
- Frozen wild caught salmon from the frozen section – Even thought this is frozen, it’s good to know that all fish is shipped frozen and the ones out in the meat section are just thawed
- RAO’s tomato sauce – This is the only tomato sauce I buy
- Teton 100% grass-fed beef polish sausage – This is a solid sausage at a great price
- Wholly Guacamole – Even though I rather make my own guac, this is a great deal and it works well with those burritos
- Single origin coffee – whichever is single origin and not blended is has highest quality. Note that the coffee beans tend to decrease in flavor intensity after 14 days of opening.
- Acai bowls for smoothies – I prefer the individual packets. Acai packet + banana + almond milk + blended together = great breakfast smoothie. I can’t seem to find the packets anymore so I’m just using the smoothie bowl.
- Parmigiano regiano cheese – Definitely a must-have in my fridge. It’s certified and great for microplane grating for any pasta dish. I also keep the rinds for making tomato sauce.
- Kerigold Irish Dubliner cheese – Great for a cheese plate
- Organic feta cheese from Kirkland – I think it’s better to get the feta blocks and then crumble it for salad. I sometimes replace paneer with feta and get a saag feta dish.
- Lamb racks flown from Australia – This is delicious and great with a red wine marinade
- Organic ground beef fresh or 100% Grass fed (or grass finish) beef in the frozen section – This is such a great deal and can be awesome to defrost for meatballs or just any impromptu summer bbq.
- Almond flour – It’s always good to have some for impromptu baking
- Frozen Cauliflower rice – This is apparently bobby approved and extremely healthy. I’ll try it otu.
- That’s it fruit bars – Super healthy and better than fruit leather.
- Keto granola – Great as a late night snack
- Proscuitto de Parma – I always have some of these for meat and cheese platters
- Sprouted grain bread Ezekiel – I can’t seem to find the link for it on the website, but I’ll look for it when I’m shopping
- Kirkland extra virgin olive oil – I use this for salad, but also cook with it if it’s for omelets
- Avocado oil – I usually cook with this because of the high temp
- Kirkland Maple Syrup – As real as it gets!
- Health aid kombucha – If I’m cutting down on drinking, I’m usually having something like a kombucha to quench my thirst
- Kirkland grass fed butter – I still buy kerigold, but apparently the Kirkland one is 95% grass fed
- Kodiak waffles – Not organic or bobby approved, but I love these for a quick breakfast
- Chicken bone broth – I definitely take some shortcuts with my broths, but I also make some soups from my chicken carcasses
- Liquid IV hydration – Legendary life saver for next morning hydration
- Dinosaur Chicken nuggets – these are probably terrible, but Evie loves them
- Whole roasted chicken – These aren’t organic, but they sure are delicious
- Kirkland wine and champagne – I haven’t had bad wine from Kirkland
~See Lemons buy in Bulk